Allyson turned two in December and has been more and more fun every day. She's also developing some of those glorious Terrible Two Traits that I was hoping she'd skip. No such luck. The "no's" have arrived along with the whining when she doesn't immediately get what she wants. I thank goodness for a husband with much more patience than I have at times because I can just look at him with pleading eyes that say “if you don’t take over I’m going to muzzle her” and he jumps right in. Don’t get me wrong, we have very fun days. The last sunny weekend we had we played outside for hours, throwing the ball for the dogs, learning to ride a tricycle and making “lunch” in her little play house. I’m thankful for each one of them because they get this family through the days when we can’t get to bath, book and bed soon enough.
It could be the fact that work has been kicking my tail on a daily basis. The credit union where I work just announced a “mega merger” (Credit Union Journal term – not mine) with another like-sized credit union. When this will take place remains to be seen, but the ball has started rolling. Who will I work for? Will I still manage a team? Will I still manage my team? Will I even still have a job once the merger is complete? Who knows? Only time will tell and I’ll just continue doing my job well and hang on for the ride. I think managing a team makes it that much more stressful – especially for this still fairly new manager. Not only am I dealing with those questions myself, but I have to help seven other people work through those emotions themselves. I hope that getting through this makes me a better/stronger manager.
And then for the biggest (and best) news…we’re expecting! Baby #2 was not in the 2010 plans of the Carroll family, but life ends up working in strange ways and things just happen. I always wanted kids 2 ½ to 3 years apart and had resigned to the fact that it wasn’t going to work out that way. Well…somehow it was decided that my plan was to be – one way or another – and here comes Allyson’s little brother or sister.
I’m almost 12 weeks along and my due date is September 27th, 2010. In the throes of morning sickness that is different from the first time but sucks just as much, I’m trekking along in my second pregnancy. This one still feels a bit unreal. We planned on having Allyson – the surprise factor for this one has just thrown me for a loop. Either way, I can’t wait to meet baby number 2 and kiss all those adorable fingers and toes. And I know that Allyson is going to LOVE having a sibling. I know I do!
The other kicker? I’m a bridesmaid in my brother-in-law’s wedding on September 25th. (Mike and Morgan - I’m still SO very sorry for the timing!) So…will I be there in some maternity dress trying not to look like a hippopotamus? Will I be in the hospital after having just had a baby? Will I bring a couple-day-old baby to a wedding? Or will the worst thing possible happen – “does anyone have any objection to this marriage? Um….I think my water just broke”? Mike and Morgan have been so awesome. Mike’s take on it is that it’s going to be a story to tell no matter how it turns out. He’s such an awesome uncle – and looks forward to having another niece or nephew. I am so thankful to have these two as family. I volunteered to refrain from bridesmaid status, but they’ve both said that we’ll just play it by ear. So we’ll just see…
So…life is a little crazy right now like it is for everyone. We have to figure out things about our house. Do we stay here with two kids? Do we try to buy something else? Do we rent out this one and rent another? Lot’s of decisions to make. So stay tuned for another edition of the Carroll Family.
~Becky
3 comments:
Well, I for one missed your blogging but it seems we have been absent for the same reason. Morning sickness, like you said, sucks. It drains the life out of me. I hope this ends soon. We are seriously due so close together!!! I am due on the 20th at last u/s! Crazy!
I am so excited for you and it's kinda fun that this baby is a surprise! Are you guys gonna find out the sex this time?
Also, I wanted to talk to you about the whole birth stuff. I am thinking about having a vbac and you're my only friend that is pro natural birth like I am and wanted to hear your thoughts on that. I know you didn't have a c-section but didnt know if you had heard anytihng about a vbac naturally the second time around.
YAY CARROLLS!!!
Lindsay
Congratulations!
Congrats Becky and Steve!!!
Post a Comment