Anyway...here's the damage. This first picture is what it looked like before. The bleeding had stopped and she was not real affected by the gash in her noggin.
Next is a picture of this bandage she had wrapped around her head. (Makes me think she should be playing the flute and walking next to someone limping and playing the drum.) The gauze on her forehead had a numbing solution on it. Once we got her to quit trying to rip it off she was actually a pretty happy girl. We distrated her with Teddy Grahams and juice. See the stuffed animal lying there next to her? This nice lady volunteer brought that in for her to hold on to during this ordeal. It was SO sweet. I meant to write a nice thank you note to the volunteers at the Sutter Roseville ER but I totally forgot. I guess I can do it now. :-)
This last one is of the actual gluing. When we first came in the doc said it looked like it needed stitches but after it was numbed and he was able to manipulate it he determined that it was a clean cut and glue would work just dandy. You can't see in the picture below but my kid was grinning and talking to the doctor and the three nurses. I think she just liked the attention and was oblivious to the fact that we were holding her down to glue her head back together.
So...as far as ER visits go this one was uneventful. I hope that this will be our one and only trip to the ER. But this kid is like her Daddy and Uncle Matt - fearless...so we'll see.
~Becky
3 comments:
Hey! How come I don't get credit for getting the pictures off of the cell phone! Where's the props to Uncle Matt! =)
Okay - I updated to include the shout out to Uncle Matt. :-)
ha...these are good pictures from a camera phone!!! Poor girl! She's so cute though! :) Love that big smile with the huge bandage on her head! Sorry your hair appt was interrupted! That sucks!
L
Post a Comment