16 June 2009

Have you ever?

A friend sent me this "bucket list." It sure isn't mine but I thought it'd be fun to go through and check off the things that I've done in my twenty-eight years. Here you go...

  1. Seen the Eiffel Tower - X - The summer after my senior year in high school I backpacked through Europe for a month. Seeing the Eiffel Tower was one of the best parts of the trip. I'd love to go back and take Steve and Allyson.
  2. Seen Windsor Castle - Didn't make it to England on my trip but I will someday. This one would stay on my Bucket List.
  3. Seen the Green of Ireland - Ditto from above.
  4. Been on a cruise - Never done this one either. We were scheduled to go on a cruise last summer but at the last minute found out we couldn't bring a 5 month old. We got passports and everything because we were going to Canada. I was SO peeved!
  5. Gone on a blind date - um...no...and thank God I will never.
  6. Skipped school - X - In high school I was pretty "Goody Twoshoes" and only missed a few classes but college was another story. In hindsight, that's most definitely the reason it took me seven years to get a degree. Ooh well...there's always the Master's program to make up for it. :-)
  7. Watched someone die - don't look forward to ever doing this one. Isn't a Bucket List full of things you want to do?
  8. Been to Canada - X - Expo '86 - I was there!
  9. Been to Mexico - never done this one. I have a great fear of Montezuma's Revenge. Give me Hawaii any day - at least then I know I can drink the water.
  10. Been to Florida - X - Orlando for a Pop Warner National Cheer Competition. Hey - maybe someday I can go as a "Cheer Mom!"
  11. Been to New York City - closest I've been is D.C. I'll get there someday. And I'll need to add "see a Broadway show" to this list.
  12. Been on a plane - X - Seriously? This is on the list? Is this list from 1972?
  13. Been lost - X - I used to love getting lost in Arizona. I'd drive and drive and then try to figure out how to get home. Must be why I know my way around Phoenix than I ever did San Jose. Plus, I only drove in San Jose for a year before I moved to Phoenix for three. That's what I get for being so young when I graduated high school.
  14. Been on the opposite side of the country - X - Only a couple times though. I'd love to take Steve and Allyson to D.C. someday.
  15. Gone deep sea fishing - this one'd be gone off my list. Absolutely NO desire to go deep sea fishing. Random!
  16. Been to Vegas - X - only a couple times though. I'm not a huge fan of Vegas. I don't gamble and this girl can shop close to home. Not like I'll be buying Chanel or Ferragamo any time soon...
  17. Been to the Indianapolis 500 - nope, but I'd like to get my hunny there one day. He'd love to go...and I might just have to go with him - and bring my earplugs and a book.
  18. Climbed a lighthouse - X - One off the coast of California somewhere, and I was really little. My Mom's the lighthouse fanatic in the family.
  19. Swam in the ocean - X - Maybe I take this one for granted because I've lived in California all my life, but this one would never be on any Bucket List of mine.
  20. Cried yourself to sleep - X - who hasn't done this?
  21. Seen the Cherry Blossoms in Washington , D.C. - I guess going in July doesn't count. Isn't this a Fall thing?
  22. Played cops and robbers - X - I'm sure I've done this at some point in my life. Up until a few years ago I could have maybe seen myself doing this in real life. Oh to have a badge and a gun...
  23. Flown a plane - X - This might be cheating but my Dad let me "fly" the plane when I went up with him in high school. Melissa almost got sick on that ride - I don't think she'll ever go up in one of those little prop planes again!
  24. Owned a boat - Nope...been in quite a few but never owned one.
  25. Watched grandchildren grow - someday FAR in the future. I'm enjoying still being a grandchild! :-)
  26. Recently colored with crayons - X - Allyson and I colored the other day. I LOVED it when she pointed to what I drew and said "Fowfer." (That's kiddo-speak for flower.)
  27. Been to the Kentucky Derby - My Dad recently introduced me to the Mint Julep however. And I must say YUM-MO!
  28. Been to Alaska - Damn cruise line and their dumb "minimum age rules"...
  29. Been to a rodeo - um....no.
  30. Sang Karaoke - X - Not very often. I have friends that sing much better than I so I defer to them.
  31. Paid for a meal with coins only - X - But only exact change and as much silver as humanly possible. That coinage really weighs the purse down. Use it or suffer the consequences.
  32. Done something you told yourself you wouldn't - X - "Don't eat that cheeseburger...okay...maybe just this one last time..."
  33. Made prank phone calls - X - I'm sure I did this as a kid, but we got one at 12:45 AM the other night that scared the bejesus out of me so I swear I will NEVER do that to anyone again.
  34. Laughed until some kind of beverage came out of your nose - X -and that freakin' hurts!
  35. Caught a snowflake on your tongue - Haven't been in snow nearly enough to say that I've done this.
  36. Danced in the rain - X - Especially that warm summer rain.
  37. Written a letter to Santa Claus - X - Of course. I was a big Santa Claus girl. Can't wait for Christmas this year cause Allyson might actually have a clue what's going on.
  38. Been kissed under the mistletoe - X - this one's always nice.
  39. Watched the sunrise with someone - X - Makes me think of our honeymoon on Maui. Freezing our arses off at the top of Haleakala. Then we took the bike ride down the volcano - now that was fun. I'd recommend that to everyone.
  40. Seen the green flash at sunset - I have no idea what this is.
  41. Seen a shooting star - X - and made a few wishes in the process...
  42. Blown bubbles - X - Ally and I did this yesterday. She LOVES her bub-bles.
  43. Gone ice-skating - X - This might be fun to do again one day with Ally.
  44. Gone to the movies - X - this one's dumb...
  45. Owned a convertible - X - Not your standard "slip your top off" car, but to have my Jeep again...loved it! Ally and I will someday cruise around town with the top down.
  46. Rode a Motorcycle - X - Steve and I will own a Harley someday. We ride his parents' right now. There is something so sexy about my husband on a Harley - makes me drool just thinking about it. Vroom vroom...
  47. Bungee Jumped - not on my list.
  48. Caught a frog - random!?!
  49. Eaten Anchovies and especially on Pizza - X - no big deal. Just a little salty.
  50. Been to Hawaii - X - Obviously, as mentioned above. DOn't know when we're going back, but I hope we can get there soon!
  51. Been to Africa - no real desire to go to Africa. Maybe South Africa. There are lots of places I'd go before this one.
  52. Been in all 50 states - Nope...only 14. 8 countries though.
  53. Been on TV - X - Most recently was the day after I had Allyson. Check out the story here.
  54. Ever steal any traffic sign or part thereof - X - um....yes. It was for the Senior float. I'm not proud of it but we had an awfully good time doing it.
  55. Ever been in a car accident - X - Unfortunately yes, but they have all been pretty tame. Not like the car-totaling that my brother and my husband have been involved in.
  56. Skydived - I'd totally do this someday.
  57. Been kissed in the rain - X - Who thought up this Bucket List?

My new goal is to come up with my own Bucket List. What would I add to my own list? Another something I can get to in my spare time...

Later,

~Becky

No comments: