Instead of sitting at home like bumps on a log I thought it would be fun to check out some places down in Sacramento. While we technically live in Sacramento, the only places I've ever gone are Sac State, the mall and as you may have see from my tweets - the Superior Court (jury duty - I wasn't on trial for anything.)
I checked some things out online and saw this place called Fairytale Town. Fairytale Town reminded me of Happy Hollow in San Jose. Just a place for kids to run around and do kid things and for parents to watch as their children explore. So we headed out, taking Grandma and Grandpa along for the ride. (My Dad called it "Grandpa Duty" - cute!)

For as crazy as Allyson is at home, she's fairly timid in new places and around new things and people. Here's some shots of my stoic kid going down the "The Old Woman that Lived in a Shoe" slide.


During this trip I also realized that I need to really brush up on my nursery rhymes. Ally's so into books I can recite a number of them from memory, but we're not into the nursery rhymes yet, mostly Dr. Seuss.
Here are Ally and Steve checking out the sheep.

This sign was placed on the donkey, named Eeyore, and cow, named Moo-Lawn, pen. Pretty cute.
But the biggest hit of the day had to have been the rabbits. She was in awe of all the bunnies. (*Note to self: buy The Tales of Peter Rabbit at the bookstore - can't believe we don't have that one.)

Don't you think she's thinking "I wonder how cute I have to be for Mom and Dad to let me take THAT one home?"

Here we are on the bridge at the end of the day.



During this trip I also realized that I need to really brush up on my nursery rhymes. Ally's so into books I can recite a number of them from memory, but we're not into the nursery rhymes yet, mostly Dr. Seuss.
Here are Ally and Steve checking out the sheep.

This sign was placed on the donkey, named Eeyore, and cow, named Moo-Lawn, pen. Pretty cute.
She showed some real interest in the goats.
But the biggest hit of the day had to have been the rabbits. She was in awe of all the bunnies. (*Note to self: buy The Tales of Peter Rabbit at the bookstore - can't believe we don't have that one.)
Don't you think she's thinking "I wonder how cute I have to be for Mom and Dad to let me take THAT one home?"

Then there was Mr. MacGregor's vegetable patch. Allyson really enjoyed watering the plants with Steve. Maybe we have budding gardner on our hands? Her Mom needs all the help she can get in that department.
Overall we had a fun day. We got there early and left just as it was getting to be super hot outside. We'll definitely come back again -maybe when she's a little older.
Here we are on the bridge at the end of the day.

While we were down there we noticed that the Sacramento Zoo was just across the street. Stay tuned for the Carroll family trip to the Sac Zoo!
~Becky

No comments:
Post a Comment