Matt and Kirby got us a gift card for Christmas for dinner that came with a night of babysitting and being as it was the end of July we thought we should finally break that thing out and cash it in. The gift card was for Carver's - which no longer exists - but we were able to use it at the restaurant that is now in its place, Suede Blue.
The restaurant was gorgeous. Not that Carver's needed a makeover, but they did a really good job. We even learned that they completely re-did the patio, complete with couches and fire pits. We decided that we'd have to go back and try that out on another date night.
Here's Steve and I being "those people" that say "will you please take our picture?" Haha...after we did, two other tables asked our poor server to take their picture. Can you say trendsetters? Oh yeah!

Here's a shot of one of my two glasses of Wente Riva Ranch Chardonnay. Umm...yes please...I'll have another. It's one of my favorites!

Steve talked me into trying the Cajun Lamp Chops. This was my virgin attempt at trying lamb and I discovered that it was really very good. These things were beyond spicy so I figured it covered up the gamey-ness that I feared, but I think I might try lamb again some day. Sorry for the after-shot, but gobbled these up!

So, knowing that we were dining on gift cards we decided to go all out. Our usual dinner out doesn't include lobster tail and Steak au Poivre, but hey, we don't do this very often right?

We (okay maybe me) got parent guilt almost all the way through dinner. Our reservations were at seven and we were fast approaching nine o'clock. We had talked about going to see a movie but our choices were limited at the nine o'clock hour. (I didn't want to make Matt and Kirby stay at the house too late.) Without seeing what there was for dessert we boogied out of there and across the street to the Century Theater.
I'll admit, our first choice was to go see the new Harry Potter movie (Big Dorks - we know) but that was sold out. We settled on The Ugly Truth instead.

With this movie I've discovered an unknown dislike of Katherine Heigl. I don't know what it is about her - but I just don't like it. The movie was okay, pretty contrived, but what do you expect from a date night romantic comedy. I'll admit I was a little shocked by the R rating, but it deserved it. There were some pretty raunchy parts. Funny - but raunchy.
I seriously recommend date night to all you parent-types out there. We try our best not to talk about Allyson, but we love that little peanut and it's hard not to. Make time to be together - it's worth it.
~Becky
No comments:
Post a Comment