12 May 2011

Am I Really 30? Day Four

I could never in a zillion years pick a favorite book.  I don’t read books more than once (unless it’s a murder mystery or spy novel that I pick up and realize half way through – oh yeah…I read this already.)  So instead of trying to nail it down to one, I’ll switch it to what consumes my life lately (but that I really really do enjoy), a list of my favorite kids books.

The Very Hungry Caterpillar - Al still loves this one.  Although I think I need to get a new copy for Andrew because the one we have is pretty demolished.  Great story - beautiful colors.


Go, Dog.  Go! - My parents tell me that this is the first book I ever read to them.  Maybe it's that sentimentality that makes me really enjoy reading this one to the kiddos.


Hippos Go Berserk - "One hippo, all alone, calls another on the phone."  Love this one!  (And all the Sandra Boynton books.  Fifteen Animals is cute too.  Ally calls it the Bob, Bob book.


If You Give A Mouse A Cookie - Ally recites this one with me.  Love it!


Marvin K. Mooney Will You Please Go Now!  My mom hates this book, but I love it.  It cracks Ally and I up to yell it at story time.
 

Andrew has just started paying attention when we read.  He loves the picture books and of course - tries to eat them.
Reading is such an important part of my day and I hope my kids get passed down that same love.  I guess its my job to make sure that happens.  

~Becky

No comments: