But then I really started to think about it. I started something called Project Life in the beginning of the year and am really (really) liking it.
Project Life is all about capturing the everyday. It's about doing something with that giant box of pictures sitting in your hall closet. It's about unloading all the pictures from your camera's memory card and actually doing something with them. It's about taking the pictures that don't make "the wall", combining them with some journaling and some cute accents and making something your family can look at and remember. Project Life is designed to be done everyday - but there was no chance in hell I had time for that. But see, that's the other cool thing about it. You don't HAVE to do it everyday. You do it when the feeling strikes you. It's NO PRESSURE!
Scrapbooking, for me, is not about cute paper, silly stickers and your favorite acid-free glue. Don't get me wrong, I totally see the lure in all that, it's just not for me. While you can do this traditionally - and by that I mean , paper, pens, stickers, etc - I chose to go another route and do it all digitally (but still have all the cute stuff, mind you).
Here's what it means for me:
- It is all digital (it really speaks to the geek in me). Here's where you can get all the digital Project Life kits.
- It is calming and relaxing, it gives me an outlet for creativity.
- I can sit at my computer, have a glass of wine, and just drag and drop.
- I've always loved to write - and would love to get better at it. This gives me an outlet for writing. I can use Project Life to journal and tell the stories of our life.
- Doing it digitally means I can print out copies for myself and both my children when the year is over. Do it once - print it as many times as I want. Sweet!
- My husband thinks it's pretty cool. (Wha-wha?!?! Yup - he loves the idea and has been completely supportive.)
My least fun tendencies continue - now into the world of digital scrapbooking. Eh. I'm okay with it. At least I'll have something to show for those tendencies. A beautiful book that tells our story. Something that can be looked at years (maybe even decades from now). That's just pretty cool.
~Becky

No comments:
Post a Comment