Allyson still gets cereal and baby food in the mornings. My independent child likes to feed herself at every other meal but has continued to let me give her breakfast. I like it. It's a nice and calm time of our day. Well...this morning...not so calm. She decided she had to feed herself breakfast. Cereal and Pear/Pineapple baby food ALL over the place. Oh the joys of motherhood.



I guess now I should mention the giant bandage on her forehead. Yea...well...this was from a trip to the emergency room last night after she tripped at my in-laws' house and split her forehead wide open. Lovely, I know. Even better was the fact that I was getting my hair done at the time. My once every six weeks splurge by myself with my great friend Ginne at the helm - ruined by a then mad dash to the ER. I was able to sit under the dryer for a few so I could continue processing before running out the door. No way in hell was I going anywhere with foils in my hair lookin' like the flying nun - even with a child in distress. Maybe I'm a bad mom, but I have my limits. I talked with Steve on the phone, she wasn't crying, she didn't black out, the bleeding had stopped, just looked like it needed stitches - okay I can rinse and then go. So I rushed out the door with a towel in hand to try and dry off on the way.
She was such a trooper at the ER. They got her in right away. And she was such a good girl. She only got a little pissy cause she wanted to get down and run around but there was no way I was going to let her down on the floor of an ER - I don't think so.
The doc and nurses came in, decided that the gash lined up pretty well, wouldn't need stitches, and glued her back together. And that was pretty much it. Now I just have to prevent the dogs from licking her face for the next two weeks. Awesome - she walks right up to them and practically begs for it. Good luck to me.
So...that was our first (and hopefully only) trip to the ER with Miss Allyson Jae. I'll take the bandage off later today and take some shots of the lovely gash for show and tell.
1 comment:
poor little one with that head gash, it doesn't look like it's affecting her ability to get messy though! :) She's freaking cute even with food everywhere!
L
Post a Comment