28 May 2010

Day One

Please refrain from reading should you not wish to experience the rundown of Day One of the "Great Potty Training Weekend." If you want all the gory details....read on.

Day One –

8:10am – We’re up and eating breakfast. I’ve set the timer for 15 minutes. At about minute 10, Allyson is playing on the floor with the dogs and I’m putting the dishes away. She said “Oh…” And…what do we have? A big flood of pee pee on the floor. One pair of Minnie Mouse panties down…

8:24am – Ally, from down the hallway, yells “poo poo!” We hurry into the potty. False alarm. I think she just wanted an excuse to play with toilet paper and flush the toilet.

9:36am – We’ve had a #1 and a #2 accident. I’m already frustrated. It’s going to be a long day.

9:55am – The 15 minute timer goes off. I ask her if she needs to go potty – even bribe her to go with a gummy bear. She adamantly refuses. I give in – go reset the timer for 15 minutes. What does she do? Pees on the floor. Great.

10:40am – 30 seconds before the timer goes off to sit on the potty she yelled “Poop!” We rush to the potty only to discover that we’d just gone pee in the panties. Onto pair number five.

10:42am – Allyson takes off her panties and puts them on backwards, inside out and with both legs in one hole. Awesome.

12:07pm – Success! Peeps on the potty. ~phew~ Timer set for another 15 minutes. Now we’ve got to get something for lunch.

12:14pm – Ally says “uh oh” and runs for the potty. Too late – onto pair number six. Am I delirious to think that we’re getting somewhere with the “uh oh?”

12:45pm – Another success (still only #1). Yes!

2:05pm – Down for nap in a Pull-Up. Will she wake up dry? Who knows. I need a drink.

4:30pm – We’ve napped (with a slightly wet diaper) and then laid around in my bed for a little while. (Loving Mommy’s bed is a new thing – need to nip it in the bud, but not during the Great Potty Training Weekend.) We came downstairs and sat on the couch for a moment so that I could check my email – remember it’s Friday, I’m working today. And…she piddles on the couch (sorry Mom!). YIKES! No biggie, we rushed to the potty and got cleaned up. Panty #7 on.

4:52pm – Since the couch accident she’s made it to the potty twice. Both times without the timer, just cause she decided she had to go. Dare I think we’re making progress?

5:03pm – We blew the #2. This momma knew that letting her go into the playroom by herself was a bad idea. That’s where she went earlier. Ugh – Panty #8.

The rest of the evening went on mostly like that. We didn’t have any more accidents, but by 8:00 it was bath, PullUp and bedtime. My only blessing was that Steve got home and I got a few breaks from being Eagle Eye Mommy.

For now, it’s off to bed. I’m exhausted but looking forward to tomorrow. It can only get better, right?

~Becky

1 comment:

Lindsay Teague Moreno | 5ive Photo said...

omg becky! I am so glad you're posting all of this. This is going to be me x2 in a bit. AHHHHHHHH! I've decided to contain them to the hard surface floors ALL DAY for 3 DAYS! You're doing a great job. I read once that doing potty training like this can produce up to 50 pairs of dirty undies before the process is through. WOAH! Good luck today! Thinking of you, Steve, and Ally!