29 May 2010

Day Two

More "Great Potty Training Weekend."

8:35am - thinking about switching the timer from every 15 minutes to every 20 or 30. She's starting to resent having to go sit on the potty so often and I really don't want her to hate it. So - maybe I'll try 30 and see how it goes.

8:50am - Ally has discovered the pile of clean panties on the counter. She has now decided that the Tinkerbell ones she was wearing are unacceptable and she needs a different pair. Oh lord, she now has 3 pair on at once. Whatever...

9:35am - We've had our first accident (and first potty of the day.) Ally yelled "potty" and ran for the bathroom. Too late. Panty #2 for the day.

10:45am - We're dressed and ready to go outside. Ally is wearing the first pair of pants she has had on in over 24 hours. I asked her "do you have to go?" She said no. As she stands by the door waiting for me to gather everything up she says "uh oh". (I'm beginning to hate that phrase.) Yup - you guessed it. Panties, pants and socks to the washer. I really think this one was my fault though. She hadn't really gone all morning. I should have waited until she went to take her outside. Oh well...I'm still learning too, right?

3:45pm - Took a nap with Ally. When the dogs started barking like crazy we both woke up. Ally looked over at me and whispered "potty." We made it. One pair of PullUps (or nite-nite panties as I'm calling them) saved for another time.

5:45pm - We were cruising along. Ally wad giving us a heads up that she had to go - I think she thinks toots mean #2. Steve and I were sitting on the floor watching Ally run around with her baby stroller when she walks up to us, squats and pees on the carpet. What the heck? Where did that one come from? We were totally rocking it.

As for panty count - I think I've lost track by now. Two more days to go before she's back at daycare - I'm nervous.

9:10pm - Ally and I are hanging out watching a show before bed time. Let me just say that with the last trip to the potty I ended up with poop on my foot. The perfect end to a fairly stressful day.

Is she going to get this tomorrow? Will there be some sort of epiphany? I know, I know - she's only two (almost two and a half) and this isn't easy for her. I know that she's on her way to getting it. She's just starting to listen to her body. Sometimes its a false alarm, and sometimes she hears it just a little late. I'm proud of her - and I do keep telling her that. I think I just need to relax and quit hoping for a miracle. We'll get there. And then, I'll just have to do it all over again with her little brother in three years.

Nite!

~Becky

1 comment:

Lindsay Teague Moreno | 5ive Photo said...

Keep it up Becky!!! You're doing great! She's gonna get it!

L