
I heard on the news last night that MillerCoors was stopping production of its malternative (their word - not mine) beverage Zima. {Play Taps here.}
"Production of Zima ceased Oct. 10 and remaining orders will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis using available inventory," chief marketing officer Andy England said in an e-mail. "The last orders are expected to be filled in December."
Hearing that made me chuckle. Zima introduced me to the world of alcohol. I spent my high school years as well as my freshman year in college alcohol-free (I know, can you really believe it? but its true) but my first foray into junior alcoholism came at the mercy of this clear drink. Who remembers dropping Jolly Ranchers into a bottle of Zima and downing the fruity taste? What about lemon drop vodka shot (ugh - usually Absolut - I really didn't know what I was doing) and Zima back? Oh - those were the days. I'd like to salute Zima for its contribution to the downfall of my early college years. Without you, I might have made it to that 8am French class or finished my Bachelors' degree in less than seven years.
So, here's to Zima! The disgustingly sweet, semi-carbonated, clear beverage that contributed to the list of guys I kissed (whose names I don't know that I ever knew) and kept me from going to class. May you rest in tasty beverage peace.
~Becky
1 comment:
aw, zima. The first time i ever got drunk was on zima. And, sadly, it was after high school for me too! We were corrupted by ASU huh? Sad Sad Sad.
PS....I totally remember your final...you went all the way home and then came back? Is that right? God that seems like so long ago.
Miss ya!
L
Post a Comment