
So Steve and I have never actually stood in line for an autograph from anyone. I don't really know who it would take for me to do this for myself. But we decided to do it for Mike (Steve's brother.) Well, let me tell you that celebrity sightings bring out the weirdos. (I whispered to Steve a number of times "we're not like these people, right?" He assured me that we were different, but we were standing in line with these people.)
In front of us was president of Munchkinland. I kid you not - this guy was like 4'9". His long bleach blond hair, cutoff shirt and sweat shorts were disturbing to say the least. There were the ladies in workout pants who should NOT have been wearing anything that had spandex anywhere in the composition of material. Many people were definitely Whiskey Tango (think trailer, Walmart, and cheap beer.) I almost felt bad for Guy Fieri - but maybe not - the guy's loaded.
So we waited two hours. We got up to the line and decided that we didn't want to be "those" people and take a picture with him but now I kind of regret it cause I could have posted it here. Next time we stand in line for an autograph from someone, we'll definitely bring the camera. (Don't hold your breath - this might be never.) We got the book signed, chatted for about 6.2 seconds and were on our way. I hope Mike likes his Christmas gift - cause I don't know that we'll ever do something like that again.
~Becky
2 comments:
guy is the man! That's funny that you waited in line and didn't get a picture...I mean, sometimes you have to be that guy, you know? haha! Fun story though!
You know what's funny? I never in a million years would have thought I would have gotten into his shows, but I have. He's great... so fun to watch. And then places he goes to look so good! He went to a couple places near us in Phoeinx and they both have pictures and mementos up from it. That's cool you got his book and got it signed!!
Post a Comment