28 November 2008

I'm guilty...

I heard a story on CNN while driving to work this morning (I love XM talk radio and yes - I had to work today) about Tivo Guilt. Well, I don't have Tivo bit I do have DVR which is almost the same thing but I think I seriously have the guilt. When Steve and I first moved in together in our little one bedroom apartment we decided against paying for cable and saving the money. Well....we should seriously consider going back to those days. We read, we talked, we played with the pup, anything but watch TV. Oh how I long for those days (kind of -this DVR thing is entirely my fault.)

Now, however, we record WAY too many things! Last night, when we got home from a glorious Thanksgiving feast, Steve and I turned the tube on for some DVR watching. We had 37 items recorded. 37! And the worst part is that we feel as though we HAVE to watch them. This is horrible! Is TV that important? Does it matter if I miss an episode of Law & Order? Are we really three weeks behind on all our shows? Aren't we watching WAY more TV now? We need to take the kiddo outside and get off our bums!

New Year's resolution #2 (#1 was staying more in touch with my friend Megan) is to delete 7 programs from the DVR. (I know - only 7? Give me a break, this will be a weaning process, not unlike breastfeeding. HA!) There are a few that HAVE to stay (umm...CSI, Grey's, etc) but I think I can give some up (adios Girl's Next Door, regular L&O - 7, really?)

I hope I'm not the only one with this problem. Isn't the first step to recovery admitting you have one? Are you addicted to DVR too?

~Becky

No comments: